Sunday 2 September 2012

Links to Ponder While I Wander

Hello, Dear Readers!


Forgive me for writing another 'wandering' post, which generally means I may be MIA for the next little while. I'm still trying to figure all this blog stuff out, especially in terms of timing. I do work a regular 9-5 job during the week, plus I run Call Her Alaska Vintage on the side, and I also edit/write descriptions for podcasts for an ESL website (called Culips, if you are learning English or know someone who is, you should check them out). So sometimes I get a little overwhelmed. There is another Junction Flea coming up next Sunday (the 9th), so I'll be a busy bee preparing for that this week. So, I will set some sort of a schedule for this blogging thing. I am thinking that once a week, a different day each week (so that I can continue with the Monday's Child theme) may be a better idea, so that I can really put some thought and effort into each post. That Coney Island post took quite a bit of time, but was a fulfilling post, so I think the posts will be more rich, thought-out, and substantial this way. Sound good? This one will sort of be a hodge-podge, and then I'll start going on a schedule after the Junction Flea is over.  

Nygårds Anna
All of the latest Nygårds Anna collection should be in my closet right now. *blink blink*. Dammit. The clothing is beautiful in an organic, Orwellian mining-town way that also pushes the boundaries of modernism. The textures, fabrics, and flow are all natural -  but the cuts, patterns, and fit of the pieces are very avant-garde. It's hard to marry tradition and progression and end up looking so organic and unprocessed, but this collection does it beautifully. 
AND the photos from the latest look-book, shot by photographer Carl Bengtsson, should be on my wall, as well. I mean, seriously. Are you kidding me with this gorgeousness??? 
















Flight of the Conchords



The Flight of the Conchords have a new song. And not only is it hilarious, it's for a good cause. And I get goosebumps every time I listen to it. There is an option to donate as well, if you wish. 


The xx

Ok, I will leave you with some music. The xx is coming out with a new album on September 10th/11th, but they have released a single called Angels. Enjoy, and I will be back soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment